Chicken Crunchwrap SupremePrint Recipe
- Crunchwrap Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 6 1/2 large flour tortillas
- Tostada shells
- Salsa con queso
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, black olives, jalapeños OR whatever your heart desires)
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
Taco Seasoning Instructions
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a small mixing bowl and mix well
- Drizzle the chicken (in your bowl) with olive oil (or whatever oil you choose to use).
- Pour your homemade taco seasoning over the chicken and mix well.
- Take your seasoned chicken, throw in a cooking pan on your stovetop, and cook on medium heat until the chicken is done.
- Throw about 1/3 cup of water in with your cooking chicken (this helps make the chicken juicy).
- Wrap three tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat them in the microwave (I set it for 28 seconds) to make them soft.
- Take 1 tortilla, cut it into four equal parts, and set aside-you will need this to close up your crunch wraps.
- Lay your tortilla flat and put a dollop of salsa con queso in the centre (spread out evenly BUT MAKE SURE you leave a wide edge so that you can close it up later).
- Spread your chicken on top of the queso sauce.
- Lay your tostada shell on top of the queso and chicken.
- Add the toppings of your desire on top of the tostada (I took sour cream and spread across the tostada, then added lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese)
- Take one of your pieces of the tortilla you cut in 4’s earlier and lay it on top (in the centre) of the tostada filling.
- Wrap your tortilla edges up toward the centre until they close around the filling.
- Take your wrapped tortilla and place it in a warm non-stick pan (folded side down). Honestly, you don’t have to be a ninja to pull this off. It’s not as intimidating as it seems.
- Press down sightly with a spatula to seal the folds and brown.
- Carefully flip it over once the sides are sealed and browned and brown the other side. These steps don’t take long at all.
- Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Cut in half or serve whole.