My friends seem to be addicted to chicken (or turkey). They are all watching their waistlines and looking for heart-healthy alternatives to their favorite foods. So I wanted to find some creative ways to cook chicken and turkey with as many options as I could come up with, including burgers. So this is my answer to the call of the chicken burger — Mediterranean Chicken Burgers — full of flavor, juicy and delicious! This is a great alternative to the everyday burger!
Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Chicken BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken, pastured
- 1 pound frozen artichokes, roasted and finely chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, roasted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. On a large sheet pan, put in and toss the button mushrooms and artichokes with salt and pepper and roast until golden.
3. Put all vegetables into the food processor and pulse chop until vegetables are minced.
4. Mix minced vegetables with ground chicken, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Form the mixture into 6 (6-ounce) patties.
6. Sear patties in a very hot pan with minimal oil until browned. Flip patties and cook until the other side is browned.
Serve it up with a whole grain bun (if you are eating bread) or make yourself a nice big salad and top it with this juicy burger, a tangy salad dressing, and you have a hearty meal for lunch time, picnic or brunch with your friends! Anyway, you choose to enjoy this burger — you will be satisfied.