It’s pretty apparent by now that I’m such a big fan of all kinds of pasties. However, they have all been about this meal’s classic version, and I am not a classic girl. I’m always trying to innovate and cook new things. And that’s how I came out with this chicken and veggies pasty recipe that I made up from scratch. Well, not exactly from scratch, more precisely from some ingredients in the fridge that day.
Chicken and Veggies PastyPrint Recipe
- 1 small chicken breast, minced
- 100-150 grams of mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 leek
- 100 grams of spinach
- 1 pie dough sheet
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3-4 full spoons of flour
- 2-4 glasses of milk
Bechamel Filling Instructions
- Once we have all the ingredients with us, you want to go and wash all of them properly.
- Having everything nice and clean, you can start cutting all the ingredients in not-so-small chunks. You don’t need to chop the spinach as it shrinks a lot once it is cooked. Then, go on and heat a pan with a bit of olive oil on it. Cook the veggies in the first place and then the chicken only for the last 2 to 4 minutes as we only want it to go a bit brown. Add salt and pepper when needed.
- Add around 3 full spoons of flour on top of everything we have in our pan and stir for 2 to 4 minutes till the flour is toasted. Then grab some milk and add it little by little while you keep stirring. That way, you’ll get a very creamy bechamel.
- Extend pasty dough a bit to make it larger with a rolling pin or another cylindric object you can find at home.
- Then, feel it in. Use only half of the sheet because you’ll need to close it once it’s all stuffed.
- Before closing it up, go and preheat the oven for around 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius because otherwise, you’ll have to wait afterwards. While we get it hot, we need to coat our pasty with a bit of egg. Use a kitchen brush for this step. This will give it that amazing golden tone that looks so nice!
- Put it in the oven for around 45 minutes till it’s all nice and toasted.