This Skinny Broccoli, Chicken And Mushroom Alfredo is different from the usual Alfredo recipe. So we all love Alfredo sauce, am I right? But it’s totally one of those things that you try not to let yourself have too often, because it feels like you’re REALLY veering off the path to healthy eating. Alfredo sauce generally feels like “too much” for me- it’s just really rich and makes me feel like rolling out of the restaurant. But what if I told you there was a better way?
While certainly not “healthy” this Skinny Broccoli, Chicken And Mushroom Alfredo sauce is much healthier than its heavy cream alternative, most importantly by switching out cream for Greek yogurt.
Delicious Skinny Broccoli, Chicken And Mushroom AlfredoPrint Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups sauteed broccoli florets
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain FAGE Total 0% Greek yogurt (I just got one of the little cups and took out what I needed)
- 1/4 cup skim milk (I used 2% because that’s what I had)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
2. Sautee the broccoli and mushrooms if they are uncooked.
3. Heat the olive oil over medium-low and add in the garlic until it’s golden.
4. Whisk in the flower until smooth. I ended up adding in a little more olive oil to smoothen it out.
5. Gradually add in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk and pepper. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Then lower the heat and let it simmer, stirring a little until it thickens up a bit.
6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
7. Mix together the cooked chicken, broccoli and mushrooms and the sauce with the pasta. Serve with more Parmesan (optional but really not haha. You want more cheese, I know you do).