So I was searching online for possible dinner ideas. I knew I had lasagna noodles, a great contender, but I did not feel the regular old red sauce. Then I came across chicken Alfredo lasagna, and I was set. The favourite in this house is Alfredo sauce, so I knew it would be a hit.
Please note that this batch was tiny, and I did not have a lot of Alfredo sauce, so my recipe probably could’ve used more seasoning. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Chicken Alfredo LasagnaPrint Recipe
- ½ cup of Alfredo
- ½ pound of minced chicken breast
- 15 ounces of low-fat ricotta
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cup bag of shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs Dash garlic and herb
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs Dash onion and herb
- ¼ cup of frozen spinach
- About ¼ cup of chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the chicken in some water to boil and start cooking the noodles according to the package directions.
- Put the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl with some water and heat until it is warm. Drain out the water.
- Mix half the Alfredo sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, garlic and herb, onion and herb, and chicken broth in a medium bowl.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, take it out of the water and mix it with the ricotta mixture.
- In your baking dish, place a layer of noodles, then layer the ricotta chicken mixture and continue alternating until noodles are the top layer; spread the remaining Alfredo sauce on the noodles. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- You can put tin foil on top if you like, I did not, and it still turned out great.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes. If you are making a bigger sized meal, it will probably need 50 to 60 minutes. Cook until the cheese becomes bubbly and starts to brown.