Who’s hungry? Every once in a while, you just need a burger. When the need strikes, I am there for you! Who says buffalo wings are just for the big game anyway? These Buffalo Chicken Burgers have all the flavor of buffalo wings – including the blue cheese dressing! – but in a much easier to eat/much fewer napkin using the form. PLUS, I’ve lightened this ground chicken recipe up in a few places without losing any of the flavor. Pretty great, right?
The Best Buffalo Chicken BurgersPrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE CHICKEN PATTIES:
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, white onion
- TO MAKE THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 8-10 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1. Combine the first four ingredients of the chicken patties and mix well. The mixture will be pretty wet, so after you mix well, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to let the flavor really sink into the chicken.
2. Remove from the fridge and form patties. One pound of chicken should form 4 good sized burgers. I highly suggest grilling the burgers, but a grill pan or plain old skillet will work perfectly fine. Grill over medium-high heat about 5-6 minutes per side.
3. Combine yogurt and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper if desired. It can be made 1-2 days ahead and can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
4. To build these burgers, you need all the essentials: crisp lettuce, juicy tomato, and crunchy, spicy onions. BUT leave the ketchup and mustard in the fridge for these burgers. All you need is your homemade blue cheese dressing.
5. Now combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt with 8-10 ounces of crumbled blue cheese. Stir. You can, and in my opinion, should make the dressing a day or two in advance because the longer it sits, the more the blue cheese flavor will infuse into the Greek yogurt. I am telling you you won’t be able to tell the difference between this and the chunky calorie-laden stuff you get alongside your plate of buffalo wings with the required 3 celery sticks and 4 carrots. So heap it on, and don’t feel bad about it. I didn’t!
6. Smear a bunch of dressing on both sides of your toasted bun. Get after it, people. You won’t regret it.
7. Pile on your burger and toppings. Bonus: your blue cheese dressing serves double duty as topping for your side salad. It’s not too much. Trust me. Dig in and enjoy!