Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf is everything. I mean it. If you are ever in a hurry and need something extraordinary to make, let this be it. It is your favourite buffalo, Cheez-it, perfect-ness all baked up like a meatloaf. Only it’s a chicken loaf. Can I still call it a meatloaf even though it is chicken?
I bet you never knew Cheez-its and hot sauce went too well together. Until now, now you know. This meatloaf has all the components of your favourite buffalo wings, all baked up together. It starts with ground chicken. Next, add sautéed onions and garlic, crunchy chopped celery, and an abundance of Cheez-its and Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce. Then throw in a little cheddar and egg to hold it together. Finally, pack the Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf into a casserole dish and start on the sauce.
Buffalo Chicken MeatloafPrint Recipe
- Meatloaf Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1½ cups of Cheez-it crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar
- ½ cup of Franks Wing Sauce (Buffalo Flavor)
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup of Franks Wing Sauce (Buffalo Flavor)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1½ cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of milk
- Meatloaf Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, celery, onion mixture, Cheez-it crackers, egg, salt, cheddar cheese and wing sauce.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into a loaf style casserole dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sauce Instructions
- In a skillet, combine wing sauce and butter, stir.
- Cook the suace over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add flour, whisking constantly. The sauce will become a thick paste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cream and milk, whisking constantly. Cook until sauce thickens and is slightly bubbly.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and pour a 1-inch layer of sauce on top.
- Return to oven uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.