This Buffalo Chicken Meatball Pizza is a savoury pizza to try. It is comfort food you can have when you want to combine Italian and Mexican cuisine in one fantastic dish. Check out the very simple recipe below that you will make from scratch.
Buffalo Chicken Meatball PizzaPrint Recipe
- Dough Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1 and 1/4 cup of room temperature water
- 4 cups of bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 package of ground chicken
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Dash of garlic salt
- 1 egg
- Pizza Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Blue cheese
- Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup of warm water (I just put water in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds) and add the packet of instant yeast. Let this settle for about 5 minutes until the yeast has dissolved. Then add the rest of the water (room-temp water) and the olive oil. You will then add these liquids into a bigger bowl with the bread, flour and salt. Combine. If you got a mixer with a dough hook, you can knead the dough.
- Roll into a ball and put it into a lightly floured bowl after the dough has been kneaded (about 5 minutes, don’t feel like you need to over-work it). Cover with a damp dishcloth or paper towel and wait for it to rise until it has doubled in size for about 2 hours).
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, then form into small meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. While the meatballs are cooking, you can begin to make your pizza if your dough is done.
- Take 1/4 of the dough and spread it out on a baking sheet or pizza tray. Sprinkle cornmeal underneath. Then combine 2 tablespoons of sour cream with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce for your sauce and spread that on top of the crust. If you want more sauce, feel free to just keep that ratio.
- Then add your chicken meatballs when they are ready (we sliced ours in half) and then layer on top with cheesiness; we used mozzarella and blue cheese.
- Place in oven at 475 degrees for 15 minutes or until the crust has browned.