Today’s recipe is so flavorful, and it’s the ultimate appetizer for a Yom Tov meal or a football party. This baked wonton with pineapple salsa has an excellent blend of flavours and spices. And, of course, it is super easy, and your kids can even help you make them! You can also change around the ingredients if there is something you don’t like.
Baked Wonton With Pineapple SalsaPrint Recipe
- Wonton Ingredients
- Avocado or guacamole
- 1/2 pound of ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Cumin, optional
- 10 wonton wrappers
- Salsa Ingredients
- 1 chopped large sweet tomato (juice left behind)
- 1/2 can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, optional
- Start the recipe with making the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Spray the wonton wrappers with pam and sprinkle with a bit of cumin.
- Mix minced chicken, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Scoop and place into wonton wrappers. Fold into any shape you’d like.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the wonton on a baking tray and cook for around 10 minutes, but keep an eye on them because they burn easily. And after they cooled, it’s time to arrange it all!
- Spread some guacamole on the crispy wontons and add the salsa with a fork so that the wontons don’t get soggy. There is nothing worse than soggy wontons!