For me, nothing beats Italian cuisine; that’s why I never run out of recipes to try every week, just like this baked rotini with chicken and tomatoes. I just love how easy it is to whip up pasta dishes and call it a day. They’re just too good not to have in a week.
Baked Rotini with Chicken and TomatoesPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces of dried rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly oil a medium casserole dish. Cook your rotini according to the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the oil followed by the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter followed by mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms become tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining butter to a pan and stir until melted.
- Add the flour and garlic and cook, frequently stirring, about 3 minutes longer. While stirring quickly, slowly pour in the milk a little at a time. Bring the sauce to a simmer, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the Mozzarella until melted.
- Stir the reserved pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken into the sauce and pour into the casserole dish, spreading to distribute evenly. Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan.
- Bake the pasta until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve.