That’s right, another recipe with bacon in it. Bacon is still the staple of my paleo diet. It’s good for just about anything. You’ll see it coming up in the breakfast biscuit recipe I’m putting together. If you love bacon and you love breakfast sandwiches, you’ll love this “Bacon Maple Chicken Burgers with Cranberry Sauce .”
So, let’s get right down to it! Here’s a simple burger recipe that will ABSOLUTELY leave you diving for seconds (I only know this because I literally dove to get my second Bacon Maple Chicken Burger with Cranberry Sauce after scoffing down the first).
Delicious Bacon Maple Chicken Burger with Cranberry Sauce RecipePrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE BURGER PATTIES:
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4-6 ounces bacon (a little less than half a pack)
- 1 small Fuji apple (or 1/2 a large one)
- 1 small yellow onion (or 1/2 a large one)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt (or Kosher)
- TO MAKE THE CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
1. Cut bacon into super small pieces with either a knife or kitchen shears. Place bacon in a frying pan and cook until bacon is crispy.
2. Dice onion and apple. I like to use one of those little chopping devices for this to get it really fine, but that’s up to you and your kitchen to decide.
3. Chop the rosemary.
4. When the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan, then add the onion so it can cook in the bacon fat. Saute for 5 minutes over medium-high heat and stir occasionally until onion is translucent.
5. Add the apple and rosemary and continue to sauté for 5-8 minutes, until onion is browned and both onion and apple are soft.
6. Combine the ground chicken, bacon, apple and onion mix, and salt in a bowl. Mix using your hands and form the meat into four patties.
7. Use the same frying pan you’ve been using to cook your burgers. You may need to add some coconut oil to the bottom of the pan to keep it greased.
8. Cook patties on medium heat and flip every 3-5 minutes.
9. While your burgers are cooking, make your cranberry sauce!
10. Combine everything in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
11. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries have popped and the sauce has thickened.
12. Refrigerate in a serving bowl until you’re ready to serve everything!