Are you looking for a healthy alternative to the fatty buffalo wings at your next big party? These Ground Chicken Buffalo Sauce Meatballs were a hit with everyone! Made with lean ground chicken breast, these little bites were the perfect treat! I will double the recipe if you plan to serve these at a party. They go fast!
Ground Chicken Buffalo Sauce Meatballs – Healthy & Easy on the Pocket
Ground chicken is a relatively inexpensive meat option. It is low in fat and high in protein. These ground chicken buffalo sauce meatballs are a sure hit at parties because they are so flavorful, satisfying, and versatile to eat with any side dish or bread. They can be served as an appetizer or as part of the main meal. They taste great with beans, rice, and vegetables. They also work really well on pizza or pasta dishes if you want to indulge your taste buds!
Ground Chicken Buffalo Sauce MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground chicken breast
- ½ cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of store bought buffalo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 minced carrot
- 2 minced stalks of celery
- 2 minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese
- Sauce on top: an additional ¼ cup of buffalo sauce and 1 tablespoon of butter (I used "Melt" butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Finely chop or mince your celery, green onion and carrot. TIP: I simply put my veggies in a Vitamix blender with a cup of water and pulse a few times, strain the veggies and pat dry. They come out perfect. It is so easy. You can use a food processor too, but I prefer the simplicity of the Vitamix. Add your celery, green onions, carrots, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, garlic, and blue cheese to a large bowl and mix.
- Add buffalo sauce to the mixture and mix.
- Add ground chicken into the bowl and mix with hands.
- Form mixture into small golf ball-sized balls. Place on tin foiled baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, heat on low ¼ cup of buffalo sauce and 1T of butter. Stir sauce. Once meatballs are done, pour sauce over meatballs and serve. You can add a little Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing to the top of the meatballs if you like.
- You can place the cooked meatballs and the sauce in a crockpot to keep warm if you are serving them at a party.