Turkish cuisine is diverse. And if you want to experience something unforgettable, something that only with its flavour makes your mouth water– it’s high time you learned how to make Turkish meatballs.
Turkish MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 750 grams of minced beef or mutton
- 2 tablespoons of rice
- 1 big onion
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 egg or 2 yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Wash the rice properly, pour in 2 glasses of water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Take readymade minced meat or mince beef or mutton yourself. Peel the onion and grate or mince. Add cooked rice, salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly.
- After that, wash the parsley, dry and chop it and put it on a tray. Make walnut-size meatballs from the mince and put them on the tray. Shake the tray so that the parsley sticks to the meatballs. (picture)
- Pour some 2 1/2 glasses of water into a pot, add margarine and salt and bring to a boil. Then put meatballs into the boiling water, cover the pot and simmer on a low fire for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce to your Turkish meatballs, beat up an egg or two yolks in a bowl. Add the juice of 1 lemon and half a glass of the sauce from the meatballs into the bowl and mix the contents. Finally, pour the mixture over the meatballs, stir and take the pot off the fire.
- Now Turkish meatballs are ready. Serve them and enjoy your meal!