This tostada salad is simple yet so filling and refreshing. It’s a healthy snack that you won’t feel guilty about devouring over it. I added sour cream and a crispy, edible shell to make this salad exciting. I think it worked.
Tostada SaladPrint Recipe
- Flour tortillas, thin if possible
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup of Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of Vegan sour cream such as Tofutti
- 2 tablespoons of salsa, cantina-style
- 1 1/2 cups of precooked ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of refried beans
- 1/2 cup of canned corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and turn a 12 muffin tin upside down. Nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a “bowl,” I was able to fit three.
- Spray with cooking spray and bake for 7 minutes. Use a little ball inside the bowls to help shape them if you have difficulty forming a bowl shape.
- Remove the foil balls, flip the Tostada Bowls to fit over 1 muffin cup, and bake for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Fill the shells with the refried beans, corn, lettuce, and top with salsa, precooked beef, and vegan sour cream.