Meatloaf is a staple in my house. We have it for dinner at least twice a month, so I really wanted to try something new. Although we love the classic meatloaf, I wanted to take it to a whole new level and make it something awesome that my family is begging to eat. And that’s how my Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf recipe started.
There is nothing worse than making dinner and having one or more of my family members complain about it. So without further adieu, I bring you my bacon and mozzarella stuffed meatloaf, and I hope you like it as much as we did. Please note that I did make this with my large family in mind, but you can half this recipe to make a smaller meatloaf as well.
The Best Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 package bacon
- 12 large chunks Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, vegetable seasoning, pepper, salt, garlic and, parsley until well combined, and meat is sticking together well.
- Dump the meat onto the cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and push it out to cover the sheet completely. Lay out the bacon slices across the entire length of the ground beef, then top off with the large chunks of cheese.
- Once all of that is done, you roll it up the same way you would roll up a jelly roll, slowly until you reach the end. Place the seam side down on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper and cook in the oven for 55-65 minutes. Use a thermometer to check to make sure that the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F and add 5-7 minutes until it does. Mine was rather large and needed a little bit longer than I thought, but if you half the recipe, 55 minutes should be plenty.