Today, I’m making Cheddar Cheese Sloppy Joes. Top this recipe with the cheese and sloppy Joe mixture. Add the second piece of bread, buttered side up.
If you want to see all the previous sloppy joes we’ve shared on the blog, you can find them all here.
We were at Trader Joe’s a few months ago and saw they’d paired up their pub cheese with bacon in the cheese/meat aisle. I was holding a pound of. You can have Cheddar Cheese Sloppy Joe using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The combination of sloppy joe and grilled cheese is perfect. It makes for a delicious and easy dinner for the entire family, and these would also go great for any. I prefer shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use any type of cheese you like. In this Cheddar Cheese Sloppy Joe recipe, we are making our own sloppy joe sauce. Cheddar cheese-wise, I used sharp shredded Cheddar cheese, yellow in color.
Step-By-Step Cheddar Cheese Sloppy Joe
- 2 ½ pound ground chuck
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup yellow prepared mustard
- ½ cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Start browning the ground chuck.
- Drain most of the liquids after you brown it. Add salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
- Add the mustard and the ketchup.
- Mix well and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Lay out the bread.
- Add some of the sloppy joe mix.
- Add the cheese.
- Put the top on. Serve. I hope you enjoy it!.