Simply Easy Taco Pie. Ok, everybody. Now that I’m back to work, my posts may not always be as detailed as they have been. But, when I come across something easy or good or both, I’d still like to share it with you.
While planning this weekend, I came across a Mexican recipe called “Easy Taco Pie”, and I said, “Oh yeah, I remember making this once. Why didn’t I make it again?” So, I looked it over and added the ingredients to my grocery list.
Zoom ahead to last night when I decided I would make this Easy Taco Pie for supper. And then, as I started to make it, I remembered why I hadn’t made it again. It’s not that it wasn’t easy. It is easy and fairly quick. It’s just that the recipe isn’t very well written, and it felt like it was missing something. It needed some sprucing up.
So, without going into details about how it used to be and what was wrong with it, here’s MY new and improved version of Easy Taco Pie. Oh, and by the way, it passed the most important test of all. The kids loved it. The kids in our house ate every last bite. That almost never happens!
Simply Easy Taco Pie
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 12- ounce sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 6 ounce tortilla chips - crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Unroll crescent dough and place it in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13-inch pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown minced beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain, if necessary. Stir in green pepper, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture over baked dough. Spread sour cream and then salsa on top.
- Sprinkle it with cheese and top with chips. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chips are slightly browned.