Now reaching an exciting weather, I thought it was time to do a one-pot-dish just to warm my family up! This Savoury Beef and Mushroom Lasagna is our go-to comfort food that I know you will love as well.
Savoury Beef and Mushroom LasagnaPrint Recipe
- Beef Sauce Ingredients
- 250 grams of instant lasagna sheet
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 200 grams of button mushroom, finely diced
- 500 grams of beef mince
- 5 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 800 grams of canned tomatoes
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Extra mozzarella cheese
- Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 100 grams of mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves
Beef Sauce Instructions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and mushroom until oil is hot and stir until aromatic and soft.
- Add beef mince and cook until brown.
- Stir in tomato paste and canned tomatoes, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken stock, and season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to avoid burning at the bottom.
Cheese Sauce Instructions
- In a separate saucepan, cook butter on medium heat.
- Once butter is completely melted, add the plain flour and mix to avoid clumps.
- Add milk and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until it thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and mozzarella cheese until cheese is melted completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly spray the baking dish.
- Pour 1/3 of the beef sauce into the prepared dish. Lay a layer of instant lasagna sheets covered with a layer of beef sauce, then cheese sauce. Sprinkle with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat until all layers are done (ensure ending with a cheese sauce layer).
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top (optional).
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until lasagna softens and is cooked through thoroughly. (Test with a fork)
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.