I just recently came across an article that mentioned “Red Lentil Pasta” for the first time. I hadn’t heard of that before, so I looked into it. Turns out that Red Lentil Pasta has a very high protein content compared to normal pasta, usually around 23g of protein per 100g of pasta. So I thought, this just screams for a high-protein pasta recipe!
Let’s dive right into the recipe! As you already know, I put the focus on quick, easy preparation and healthy recipes. You can feel free to add any ingredients to your taste.
Quick And Easy High-Protein PastaPrint Recipe
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 400 grams canned tomatoes pieces or whole
- 400 grams red lentil penne
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional if you like it spicy
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast for the cheesy flavor
1. Finely chop onions and garlic.
2. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add Penne and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a pan or pot on medium-high. Add olive oil and saute garlic and onions. Next, add ground beef and cook until the pinkish color is gone.
4. Add black pepper, canned tomatoes, salt, Italian herbs, and cayenne (optional).
5. Once all cooked, serve on a plate and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Add nutritional yeast to pasta sauce.
And there you have it. This is a really easy and delicious pasta recipe that I will cook more often from now on. A good way to get some good carbs and protein at the same time.