This recipe for stuffed portabello mushroom caps was a trial for me. I wanted to make something gluten-free, with no carbs, as we try to limit them but not completely stop having them. This did the trick! These were very filling but also very healthy and low calorie too!
Portabello Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Lean Beef PattyPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces of ground lean ground beef
- 2 large portabello mushrooms
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except for tomato sauce and oil together in a bowl until all items are mixed well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 patties and form them in your hand to about the size of the mushrooms.
- To prepare the mushroom, spray a baking dish, add the tomato sauce and olive oil to the pan, and add the mushrooms (washed and stem removed) into the sauce.
- Add the beef patty to the mushrooms and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then add the cheese to the top, and some chives for garnish, then bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.