Try this meatball pizza in any size you want. I prefer mini-size to make it easier to dig in. The recipe is simple enough to do; you may even have it when you only got a few minutes to spare. Check out the simple cooking method here:
Mighty Meatball PizzaPrint Recipe
- 2 (8-ounce) cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 jar (or homemade recipe) of pizza sauce
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound of ground meat
- 2 cups of sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced/diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup of thinly sliced onion, caramelized
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove crescent rolls from the cans and roll them out in one big piece onto a large, greased cookie sheet. Pinch seams together, if needed.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
White Garlic Sauce Instructions
- Add salt to the ground meat. Season with any preferred spices.
- Fry the meatballs until well cooked. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a preheated pan over medium heat. Then, whisk in flour until no lumps remain.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Add salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crust and sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella and cheddar cheese, meatballs, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and a golden crisp around the edge appear.
- Remove from the oven, then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and oregano on top.