I remember when a home-cooked meal was the norm, not the exception. Since I believe in tradition, traditional recipes are also some of my favorites. In fact, I still have many of my grandmother’s hand-written recipes she used to cook for us when we would come to visit. Her recipes were made to please, to fill and to warm. This Easy Meaty Spaghetti Sauce recipe is my grandmother’s so it’s very near and dear to my heart. Our family has made it well over 1000 times because it’s so hearty, so meaty, so delicious we can’t get enough of it.
A simple substitution of zucchini noodles makes this Easy Meaty Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Paleo, and of course, it’s gluten and dairy-free. This recipe is easy to make. After browning your ground beef, your only task is to add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Quick. Done. Enjoy! And don’t forget to love them with food!
Easy Meaty Spaghetti SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef, venison or bison
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
1. In a large pan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Drain fat off, if necessary.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.