A hearty one-pot Smoky Lentil Chili recipe perfect for those cold winter nights! This Lentil Chili has a rich smoky flavor, packed with vegetables, is high in protein and fiber and is absolutely a comfort in a bowl!
So, here’s a perfect easy ground beef dish for you: Smoky Lentil Chili Recipe. Add lentils, turkey broth, and water. Add spices and chipotle peppers (if using) and bring to a gentle simmer. Healthy and hearty, this simple lentil chili, filled with smoky, spicy, delicious flavor, is made even easier thanks to the Instant Pot! You can cook Smoky Lentil Chili using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The Best Smoky Lentil Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28-ounce can Muir Glen fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- Juice of 3 limes (about ½ cup)
- 1 1/2 cup lentils, rinsed
- 14-ounce of can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14-ounce can of corn kernels (no salt), drained and rinsed
- Optional: garnish with plain Greek yogurt, chives, sliced avocado
1. Bring a large Dutch Oven to medium-high heat. Add in olive oil and red onions. Saute until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. About 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic and chipotle chilis. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Next, add in the ground beef, cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Chop up the beef into smaller pieces throughout the cooking process.
5. Next, add in the red pepper, green pepper, carrots, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, oregano, cinnamon, and tomato paste.
6. Stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Then add in your diced tomatoes, water, and lime juice. Stir, cover, and bring to a boil.
7. Once boiling, add in the lentils, black beans, kidney beans, and corn. Stir, reduce to simmer. Cover the chili and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Lentils are a great source of. Dried brown lentils are nutrient-packed, inexpensive, and quick-cooking, making this low-fuss stew perfect for a hearty weeknight dinner. A wealth of aromatics joins forces with smoked spices and. Smoky Lentil Chili recipe: This was an experiment gone wonderful! Savory, high in fiber, high in protein, low in fat.