Try a little of the Middle East with this delicious Lebanese-style pizza. This is a new way to enjoy your favourite pizza at home. It’s so easy to make, and surely, you will find yourself making this every week.
Lebanese-Style PizzaPrint Recipe
- 1 pizza bread dough
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 pounds of minced beef
- 4 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- Prepare the basic bread dough set aside to rise.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the onions until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the beef and saute until browned, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts, salt, pepper, allspice, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in a cup of yogurt.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil 2 large baking sheets.
- Divide the pizza dough into pieces about the size of an egg and roll into smooth balls. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Place the balls on the two baking sheets and flatten them to about 1/4-inch thick. Spread with the topping.
- Bake the pizzas for about 20 to 25 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Serve hot.