Wanna have a quick and easy meal?? Well, this can be whipped up in a jiffy. I like to make this Easy Gluten-Free Chili with some gluten-free cornbread. This recipe is easy to add some extra veggies for your family. With the onion, you can always add some finely chopped up red or green bell pepper, zucchini, or shredded carrots.
Depending on if you prefer very lean ground beef, if you add the extra veggies, you might also want to add a tablespoon of olive oil. Please keep in mind that the chili seasoning mix I used has a nice mild flavor, so if you like your chili spicy… you will want to add some ground red pepper, red pepper flakes, or even some Tabasco sauce in this Easy Gluten-Free Chili.
How To Make Easy Gluten-Free Chili
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 small yellow onion - chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English)
- 1 can tomato - diced 15-ounce can
- 1 can ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - 15-ounce
- 1 can red kidney beans - 15-ounce
- ½ cup water
- in a Dutch oven pot, brown the ground beef. When beef is close to being browned, add chopped onion (and any other veggies you would like). Once the onions are cooked till soft, if needed, drain.
- Return to the pot and add the remaining ingredients and any additional hot spices that are desired. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the mixture gets dry or you prefer a soupier chili you can add more water.