Heartwarming Chiliville Sausage Chili. Cold evenings call for warm, homemade meals that bring the family together around the dinner table. Dishes that deliver savory flavors are sure to win over their hearts, as well as warm them. Like chili recipes.
If your taste buds call for a fall classic, cuddle up with a piping hot bowl of Chiliville Sausage Chili. The sweetness of brown sugar complements the blend of fresh garlic and Italian sausage in this recipe for Chiliville Sausage Chili.
Because it’s made with Johnsonville Italian Ground Sausage, you can customize the robust flavor of this dinnertime staple by picking your favorite of the mild, sweet or hot varieties. The best part – it’s all-natural with no fillers, artificial flavors or colors, so you know you’re feeding your family the best.
Warm up the family with their favorite Italian dishes that feature the bold and savory flavors of Johnsonville Ground Sausage and Sausage Links.
Heartwarming Chiliville Sausage Chili For Chilly Evenings
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 3 medium garlic - minced
- 1 can tomato - diced
- 1 can green pepper (green capsicum) - or 14.5 ounces
- 1 can yellow onion - or 14.5 ounces
- 2 cans red kidney beans - 16 ounces each, rinsed and drained
- 1 can beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon) - or 14.5 ounces
- 1 can tomato paste - or 6 ounces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes - crushed
- 1 handful Cheddar cheese - shredded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle it with cheese if you like and serve immediately.