Heartwarming Chiliville Sausage Chili. Cold evenings call for warm, homemade meals that bring the family together around the dinner table. Dishes that deliver savory flavors are sure to win over their hearts, as well as warm them. Like chili recipes.
If your taste buds call for a fall classic, cuddle up with a piping hot bowl of Chiliville Sausage Chili. The sweetness of brown sugar complements the blend of fresh garlic and Italian sausage in this recipe for Chiliville Sausage Chili.
Because it’s made with Johnsonville Italian Ground Sausage, you can customize the robust flavor of this dinnertime staple by picking your favorite of the mild, sweet or hot varieties. The best part – it’s all-natural with no fillers, artificial flavors or colors, so you know you’re feeding your family the best.
Warm up the family with their favorite Italian dishes that feature the bold and savory flavors of Johnsonville Ground Sausage and Sausage Links.
Heartwarming Chiliville Sausage Chili For Chilly Evenings
- 1 package Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage or 16 ounces (Mild, Sweet or Hot)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 pieces celery ribs chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 14.5 ounces
- 1 can green peppers or 14.5 ounces
- 1 can onions or 14.5 ounces
- 2 cans kidney beans 16 ounces each, rinsed and drained
- 1 can beef broth or 14.5 ounces
- 1 can tomato paste or 6 ounces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 handful Cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle it with cheese if you like and serve immediately.