Today’s Healthy Gluten-Free Burrito Pie Recipe came from experimenting in the kitchen.
I love Mexican food, and we eat it often around here and considering how many recipes are friendly to the gluten-free diet, it’s a great and tasty way to eat. Now that gluten-free flour tortilla has come so far, it’s exciting to make recipes with them.
This Healthy Gluten-Free Burrito Pie Recipe is a good recipe for people with Celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, gluten intolerance or a gluten-free diet because none of the ingredients contains gluten.
Healthy Gluten-Free Burrito Pie RecipePrint Recipe
- Refried beans, canned or fresh
- 1 cup salsa
- ¾ pound Mexican ground beef
- 1 pack of Mission Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped green onions, and sour cream, as desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare the refried beans according to packaged directions.
3. Mix salsa into beans.
4. Place a gluten-free tortilla onto a pie plate.
5. Spread some beans onto the tortilla.
6. Place some beef on top of the beans.
7. Sprinkle it with a little cheese.
8. Softly press another tortilla onto the top of the first completed layer.
9. Repeat layers till you use all of your tortillas.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes till the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly and heated through.
11. Serve hot. Enjoy!!