This ground beef chili slow cooker chili is a delicious Mexican-inspired recipe yet very simple to make. If you’re feeling a bit lazy or you want a meal that saves both your time and money, this recipe is for you. If you work full time during the day, this might be a good slow cooker recipe to cook on the weekend. Since it only takes 3-5 hours to cook on low, it may be overdone if you prep this and want to cook it in the morning.
Budget-Friendly Ground Beef Chili Slow Cooker RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 16-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large and 1 small can of chili beans
- Dash of salt, pepper and chili powder to taste
- McCormick Chili Spices (optional)
- Half an Onion
1. Brown ground beef and onion. Drain the grease once cooked.
2. Add stewed tomatoes, chili beans and ground beef to slow cooker. Add spices to taste.
3. Slow cook your Ground Beef Chili on low for 3 -5 hours.
You can chow down on your chili with a side of hot cornbread muffins. Mmm delicious! I find that the chili becomes really thick and tasty the longer I simmer it. I also never turn my slow cooker on the high setting in order to create really savory dishes. Now you have got an inexpensive family meal with little effort. Also, please note that you can double or triple this recipe and put it in the freezer to eat later in the week! And if you ever get a craving for a nice turkey chili, I’ve got a special one for you to try right here!