This Easy Spaghetti Squash With Veggies And Meat Sauce recipe can either be done ahead of time in the crockpot or on the stovetop before dinner time. I have been enjoying ground turkey recipes, gluten-free dishes, and experimenting with different foods. The trick is, implementing foods that my family will also like, especially the kids. I gravitate towards recipes with just a few ingredients, and the crockpot becomes my best friend. I LOVE being able to throw a few ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and know dinner is pretty much all figured out.
Easy Spaghetti Squash With Veggies And Meat SaucePrint Recipe
- 1-2 spaghetti squash (2 is best if you want leftovers and depends on the number of servings you want)
- 1-2 jars of pasta sauce (you’ll end up needing 2 jars if using the crockpot since the sauce cooks down over a few hours)
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced or chopped
- 1 yellow squash sliced or chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the ground turkey or beef in a skillet.
2. Add the olive oil to the crockpot.
3. Drain the fat and add meat, sauce and onion, zucchini and yellow squash to the crockpot and mix everything together. Since the meat is already cooked, you can leave the crockpot in a “keep warm” setting for a few hours (2-4hours).
4. Add the garlic during the last few minutes of cooking and stir into the mix. Serve over cooked spaghetti squash.