That is really a quick recipe for Salisbury Steak, and when it is already cooked, you only need to reheat it through. Avoid overcooking it, or it will eventually lose its juicy benefits. You can cook Salisbury Steak using a few ingredients and by only following four steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Easy Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- ½ cup bread crumbs - seasoned
- 1 large egg - slightly beaten
- ½ cup white onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter - divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- Get a large bowl and combine beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 can mushroom soup, onions, egg, and steak seasoning. Combine the mixture thoroughly, then shape the mixture into 4 oval patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until brown in color on both sides. Once cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and cognac into the skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute for 7 to 8 minutes. Pour in the beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth. Then add and stir in the remaining mushroom soup.
- Put the patties back to skillet and spoon gravy over the top of the patties. Cover the skillet and simmer your Salisbury Steak for 20 to 25 minutes.