Macaroni with ground beef is straightforward and similar to a quick Bolognese sauce, but it contains many more vegetables, like onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and tomatoes. We are the biggest Bolognese sauce fans, but we like to make it like Italians, traditionally.
Cooking the sauce for many hours and giving it a lot of attention. However, sometimes, that’s hard to do during the week, so when we crave excellent bolognese pasta, this is our cheaty, go-to version.
This macaroni with ground beef recipe is truly divine. The sauce melts in your mouth, and it’s so full of flavour. We used macaroni in this recipe because we love the texture and eating this dish with a spoon, as that’s the best way to eat comfort foods, am I right? We used whole canned tomatoes in this recipe, but you can use fresh chopped tomatoes mixed with some homemade tomato sauce too, but since the tomatoes aren’t in season right now, we used the canned version. You can also use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork for this recipe if that’s what you prefer.
Here are the necessary ingredients as well as the preparation steps.
Creamy Macaroni With Ground Beef Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion - finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery - finely chopped
- 1 medium carrots - finely chopped
- 350 grams ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 400 grams tomato
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 240 grams macaroni
- 1 tablespoon parsley - chopped
- 60 grams cheddar cheese - grated
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil, diced onion, chopped garlic, celery, and chopped carrot.
- Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes, for the veggies to become soft and the onion translucent. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the skillet back on high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and ground beef.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the meat is brown and beautifully caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Add balsamic vinegar, and stir to combine.
- Return the vegetables to the ground beef,
- Add the canned tomatoes, 1 cup of water, bay leaf, dried oregano, and black pepper (to taste) and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain them and reserve 50 ml of cooking water when the macaroni are cooked.
- Season the ground beef sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the cooked macaroni and reserved water. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the grated cheese on top.
- Cover with a lid and cook over very low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Divide between four plates and serve.