Try my beef casserole with rice for dinner tonight; you’ll see, everyone will love it!
The first time I created this recipe, I timed myself because I was curious to see how long it would take. Talk about quick and easy ground beef casserole. From start to finish, it was precisely 30 minutes which included cutting the veggies, cooking the meat, the veggies and the rice and putting it all together.
You can add shredded cheese on top of the beef casserole if you want. Or change the veggies according to what you like – just make it your own.
Creamy Beef Casserole With Rice RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 6 carrots, sliced thin
- 3 celery branches, sliced thin
- 1 onion, cut in 2 and sliced
- Minced garlic (in a jar) as much as you want
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 bag of “microwave in the pouch” rice
- Cheese for toppings
- Heat a frying pan on high. Throw in the ground beef, and break it up into small pieces with a spatula.
- While cooking, start another frying pan with the olive oil in it on medium.
- Add the garlic, move it around a bit, then add all your veggies and stir for about a minute.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to the veggie pan, bring the heat down to low and cover. Stir around while the veggies are cooking.
- Back to your ground beef, make sure you turn it over and often stir and break it up into even more pieces with the spatula.
- You want to make sure it is fully cooked, no more pink. Cook it till it’s a bit dark brown.
- If you use the lean kind, you don’t have to drain the pan. But if you used the other kinds, you’ll have to do it.
- Heat the rice pouch in the microwave according to directions.
- Mix the milk with the soup.
- Lower the heat under the ground beef pan, dump all the veggies, the rice and the soup in with the beef and mix well.
- Let it simmer for maybe a minute while constantly stirring to prevent burning. Top with cheese before turning off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy.