Have you ever tried Goulash? If not, then you are totally missing out. This Cheesy American Goulash is hands down one of my favourite Fall/Winter recipes. American Goulash is a superb and hearty meal that your whole family will enjoy.
I’ll be honest; I never thought my family would enjoy it until I explained to them what it entailed. But, of course, how could you not like a dish that contains ground beef, tomatoes and noodles? But, yeah, I don’t see how you couldn’t either, especially after adding a handful of cheese to it.
When I make Cheesy American Goulash, I make enough for at least 3 nights. Having leftovers in my house is a must. I like having at least one night a week that I don’t have to cook a meal for my family, so leftovers come in handy. Even after three nights of leftovers, I still have plenty to take for my lunches. You could say I make a lot, probably more than I should, but it’s all good.
Cheesy American GoulashPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (optional)
- In a large pot, brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain off fat.
- Once the fat has been drained, add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and elbow noodles.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese, stir and serve with a dollop of sour cream.