Your dinner will be amazing when you make this Cheeseburger Skillet Pie! Quick comfort food – can it get any better? I came across this recipe in a 2011 issue (yes, I’m behind on my magazine reading) and immediately clipped it out and put it on my “to try ground beef recipe” list. I’m glad I finally got around to trying this, and now I am sharing the recipe with you!
Delicious Cheeseburger Skillet PiePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cup biscuit mix, plus required ingredients
- 4 ounces Cheddar, grated
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium, oven-proof skillet, heat your olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoons salt and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 6-7 minutes.
3. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Add canned tomatoes, including their juices, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Prepare your biscuit mix according to the package directions. (I made it super-easy for myself by purchasing a mix that only required water!)
6. Drop 8 mounds of the dough onto the meat mixture in the skillet and sprinkle with the cheese.
7. Bake until the biscuits are golden and cooked through, about 18-22 minutes.
This was so, so delicious! I could definitely see this becoming a go-to meal in our household!