Paleo ground beef recipes are a good way to stay along with your caveman lifestyle. In this ground beef chili recipe, we are pulling out all the delicious flavors by combining a medley of dried spices plus beef bone broth.
Best Ground Beef Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 teaspoons salt - to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - additional
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey - uncooked
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 ½ cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon) - beef bone broth
- 1 medium lime - to serve
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander) - to serve
- Heat olive oil in a big heavy-bottomed pot. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Then, add minced garlic and ground beef. Cook until brown in color over high heat. Season with a big pinch of salt.
- Add in cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, purple pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in honey, tomato paste, tomatoes, vinegar, and bone broth. Bring to a boil, cut back to a simmer, and cook dinner, uncovered, till meat is tender and broth is thickened, about 2 hours.
- Season and style with extra salt and serve with a squeeze of lime and cilantro.