Paleo ground beef recipes are a good way to stay along with your caveman lifestyle. In this ground beef chili recipe, we are pulling out all the delicious flavors by combining a medley of dried spices plus beef bone broth.
Best Ground Beef Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 kilos ground beef
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons purple pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon uncooked honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) jar diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon purple wine vinegar
- 3 ½ cups beef bone broth
- Limes, to serve
- Cilantro, to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a big heavy-bottomed pot. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Then, add minced garlic and ground beef. Cook until brown in color over high heat. Season with a big pinch of salt.
3. Add in cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, purple pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
4. Mix in honey, tomato paste, tomatoes, vinegar, and bone broth. Bring to a boil, cut back to a simmer, and cook dinner, uncovered, till meat is tender and broth is thickened, about 2 hours.
5. Season and style with extra salt and serve with a squeeze of lime and cilantro.