Are you looking for an ideal food to prepare for parties and even watching movies? Set aside your popcorn and try these Best Beef Chili Cheese Fries! It’s a super spicy chilli’n food that is very great for your party or movie activity today.
This is really my favorite, the fries with chili and beef. When I ate this, it was really “yummmm” the best! The best version of Best Beef Chili Cheese Fries Recipe! I actually made it for myself, and wow, I felt so crazy in love with the taste and even just the smell of the ground beef while cooking it. It was so amazing. I love it because of the overflowing cheese and the hotness of chili. It’s really worth it because it is super yummy. So, good luck, try and taste this best Best Beef Chili Cheese Fries recipe.
The Best Beef Chili Cheese Fries RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of chopped yellow onions
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 3 cups of peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 cups of beefsteak or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (Masa Harina)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 large and peeled potatoes (cut into shoestrings), rinsed in cool water and patted dry
- 1/2 pound of grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound of grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of sliced pickled jalapenos
For The Beef Chili:
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
2. When the pan is already heated, add the onions and season with salt and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until they begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the beef, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper and oregano and season with salt and cayenne, and cook until all the pink in the meat disappears in about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the garlic with tomatoes, tomato paste and 2 1/2 cups beef stock and then bring to boil, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
5. Let it simmer and uncovered until the meat is tender for about 1 hour while it is stirring occasionally.
6. Skim off any fat that rises to the surface.
7. Combine the cornflour (Masa Harina) with the remaining 1/2 cup stock and mix to blend in, and then slowly add to the pot while stirring to blend.
8. The mixture will thicken and cook for about 30 minutes, and then season again with salt and cayenne, and it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
9. After 30 minutes, take off the beef chili and set it aside while keeping it hot.
For The Fries:
1. In a heavy and deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 360°F. Fry the shoestring potatoes in batches until they turn to a golden brown for about 3 to 4 minutes per batch.
2. After all the side turns to a golden brown, drain the potatoes on paper towels and then season with salt and cayenne.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Cover the bottom of a large, glass rectangular baking pan with the shoestring potatoes.
5. Combine the Cheddar and jack cheeses and sprinkle the cheese over the fries.
6. Bake just until the cheese melts for about 3 to 4 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and spoon the chili over the top of the fries.
7. Garnish with the sour cream and jalapenos and serve it immediately.
So now that I have shared the recipe for you, I hope you can try and like the Beef Chili Cheese Fries. This Beef Chili Cheese Fries is also ideal and quick to prepare for parties and also good to eat while watching movies too. So, I hope you enjoy it. Until the next recipe again!