This beef and broccoli recipe may be a takeout classic, but it’s one of the simplest and most budget-friendly stir-fry dishes you can create at home. It is definitely a healthy part of a balanced diet, and I love eating it. It’s a fact that regular ground beef is high in unhealthy saturated fats, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t delight in a burger every once in a while. Then be certain to try to find at least 97% lean ground beef on the next grocery run.
When you start cooking the vegetables in this beef and broccoli recipe, start a pot of rice at the very same time, and dinner will be prepared in less than half an hour. Vegetables are a vital part of a diet, and the keto diet is the same. You truly can’t fail with more vegetables.
Delicious and Healthy Beef and Broccoli RecipePrint Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean steak, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound broccolini (or broccoli), cut into 2-inch sections
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons dark pepper, add more to taste
- 1/4–1/2 cup water, add more if desired
- olive oil, for cooking
1. In a medium bowl, combine minced steak with cornstarch, add a pinch of pepper. Toss to coat well.
2. Heat oil in a big skillet over medium heat. Add the minced steak to the pan. Cook until brown, then transfer to a clean plate or bowl.
3. When the minced steak is cooked, add together broccoli to the pan (again, if the pan gets dry, add some oil). Cook 4-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender (cook longer if you like your broccoli softer).
4. While the broccoli is cooking, mix your sauce by combining soy sauce, garlic, ginger, as well as pepper.
5. When broccoli is cooked through, transfer to plate/bowl together with the minced steak. Pour sauce into the pan and cook the broccoli and minced steak, stirring continuously until the mixture is well coated. The sauce should naturally thicken and should boil for a few minutes (3-5 minutes). If the sauce is too thick, add some water. Serve warm!