These beef and bean burritos are a great meal when you are running out of time or dinner ideas. These are easy to make and pretty delicious. You only need to cook the ground beef and mix it with garlic, onion, spices, enchilada sauce, and refried beans. Finally, garnish it with chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and your favorite burrito topping.
The ingredients in these beef and bean burritos come together so well. The whole family will definitely love this recipe. Also, it is easy to make and easy to eat.
The Perfect Beef and Bean BurritosPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 410 grams can crushed tomatoes
- 125 grams can corn kernels, drained
- 400 grams can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 450 grams packet jumbo tortillas
- 1 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- guacamole and sour cream, to serve
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 6 minutes or until softened. Then add garlic and capsicum and cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add oregano, coriander, cumin and chili powder, cook while continuously stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
2. Pour the remaining oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced beef, cook and continuously stir with a wooden spoon to break up mince for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through—return onion mixture to pan. Stir to combine. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, stir to combine. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and kidney beans. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface. Top with 2 tablespoons of rice. Top with one-sixth mince mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, rice, mince mixture and cheese.
4. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.