Cannelloni is a cylinder type of pasta, baked with a filling and covered by a sauce. Fillings may include spinach, ricotta cheese and various kinds of meat. The sauces are usually tomato and bechamel sauce. Check out this simple recipe for a delicious Baked Cannelloni.
Baked CannelloniPrint Recipe
- Cannelloni Ingredients
- 10-12 flat pieces of lasagna pasta
- 1 1/4 cups of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of bechamel sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 grams of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 grams of frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 250 grams of finely minced beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water with some added salt until it reaches al dente and stir it occasionally. Then, drain and spread on a clean tea towel and pat dry.
- To prepare to fill, you have to heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and fry gently until soft. Add the meat and cook, stirring, until it is well browned.
- Now is time to stir in the remaining ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons of Bechamel sauce to the mixture and season for taste well with salt and pepper.
- Spread with a well-rounded tablespoon filling over each piece of pasta.
- Roll up loosely from the narrow side and place the join side down in a buttered 20-centimetre square ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the tomato salsa and cover with the Bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake the pasta at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden and bubbling.