Swedish meatballs are made of ground beef or a mix of ground beef and ground pork. Today, I’ll share the Authentic Crispy Fried Swedish Meatballs recipe you need to try. Other ingredients are bread or breadcrumbs, minced onions, eggs and spices. Then, you just need to fry the meatballs in a frying pan or on a roasting pan in the oven, and you’re good to go.
The size of a meatball is usually about one inch in diameter; however, if the meatballs are served on holidays or special occasions, they tend to be smaller.
Fried Swedish meatballs are usually served with cooked potatoes, gravy and a dollop of lingonberry preserves. These delicious meatballs can also be served with pasta and ketchup. And the leftover meatballs can be sliced into smaller pieces and then put the meatballs on a toasted rye bread or a Wasa Cracker. Serve these Swedish meatballs as an appetizer with pickled cucumbers.
Authentic Crispy Fried Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork) - lean
- 1 medium yellow onion - finely minced
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons parsley - minced
- 4 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 medium egg
- Mix everything to an even batter.
- Form small meatballs.
- Brown in a frying pan; use butter.
- Cook until golden brown and serve with your favourite sauces.