It’s Thursday, and I’m so excited. I’ve been waiting all week to share this fantastic meal with you. Our swimming instructor cancelled my girls’ swim lessons today, so we had our slow cooker meal earlier in the week. For once, I was ahead of myself, which may never happen again.
I’ve made lamb meatballs for my family in the past and, although they were good, THESE one’s to die for. This time I decided to experiment. I combined ingredients from two recipes and, instead of baking, I slow cooked them.
The result is A-MAZ-ING!
Why I Love This Lamb Meatballs Recipe:
It’s one of my quick and easy recipes! The prep time for the meatballs was no more than 15 minutes. Tops. And if you plan, you can make them the night before and pop them in the slow cooker the next day.
The meatballs pair perfectly with three easy sides – tomato, cucumber and feta salad, couscous and tabouli salad. Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers and sprinkle with crumbled feta. We topped our’s off with some Stonewall Kitchen Classic Greek Dressing. The couscous takes 6 minutes to cook, and the tabouli is pre-made and ready to eat.
Fast and Easy Delicious Lamb MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground lamb
- 1/4 cup of dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoonof ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix with your hands.
2. Spray bottom of slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray (I use PAM)
3. Form the meat mixture into 1-inch balls and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
Note: Cooking time may differ between slow cookers. Mine is relatively new and seems to cook in less time. It was able to cook the meatballs in about 4 hours.