Wontons are ridiculously easy, and you can fill them with whatever your heart desires. This time, I did crispy chicken wontons with spicy chili and lime sauce.
When cooking these crispy chicken wontons, make sure only to throw in a few at a time, or they like to stick together and become one giant glob of wontons and filling. No one wants that. So be sure to move them and flip them, and watch them like it’s your religion because they can burn quickly.
Once the chicken wontons are done frying, set them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil and let them cool for a bit before serving.
I like to serve these with some fresh salad or vegetable on the side to cut the oil. I hope you enjoy it!
Crispy Chicken Wontons With Spicy Chili and Lime SaucePrint Recipe
- Filling Ingredients
- ½ pound of ground chicken
- ¼ cup of shredded carrot
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
- ½ tablespoon of chopped green onion
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, for sealing
- Wonton wrappers
- Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, egg, cilantro, green onion, cilantro, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Then, wrap the wontons by placing about a ½ tablespoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrapper and fold up diagonally or any way you want to. Pinch edges tight to seal.
- Next, heat some cooking oil in a deep pan, and fry the wontons until golden brown.
- Lastly, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients into a bowl, and whisk thoroughly.
- Serve wontons hot with dipping sauce. Enjoy!