This Chicken-Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe is an excellent dish for those who fancy making something new and have a bit of free time to create these. They’re not too hard to make or take too long, so why not go?
Chicken-Stuffed Zucchini BoatsPrint Recipe
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 pound of ground chicken sausage
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 clove of very finely chopped or pressed garlic
- 1 14-ounce can of pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, ready for later.
- Grab your zucchini and cut each one of them in half lengthways. Once you have done this, you will need to scoop the inside out of each zucchini and put them in a bowl. This should leave the flesh and look like shells. Now cut up the zucchini insides into little chunks and put them to one side.
- Next, place your sausages in a frying pan on medium heat and cook until golden brown.
- Then, you can add the onions to the frying pan. Cook them until they are soft. Once the onions are done, add the garlic to the frying pan, stir it and leave for a minute.
- At this point, if there is fat from the sausages in the pan, try to drain them out. Now, add the tomatoes to the pan with the zucchini chunks and basil and mix them together with a spoon. Add a little seasoning of salt and pepper to add a bit of flavor.
- In a mixing bowl, add the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and give a gentle mixing.
- On a baking tray, lay out the zucchini shells and start to distribute the sausage mixture from the frying pan evenly.
- Top the shells with the breadcrumb mixture and place them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!