Since my stay in South Africa, I have been a fan of chicken-mayo sandwiches. But, unfortunately, lots of mayo and cheese do not make for a healthy lunch or dinner! So I decided to adapt the recipe a little: I added avocado (just because I love it!), removed the cheese, served with mostly yogurt and on a wholewheat wrap in this chicken and avocado burrito. And guess what? It is still delicious!
Chicken and Avocado BurritoPrint Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 chicken breast
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon of light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 wholewheat tortillas
- 150 grams of corn
- Dried chives
- 1 vegetable or basis stock cube
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- A little olive oil
- Iceberg salad with dressing for serving
- Put a saucepan with water to boil. Add a stock cube, the garlic clove peeled and a little pepper.
- As the broth starts to boil, add your chicken breast (cut into halves) and leave it until cooked (about 20 minutes, until it is not pink anymore). Drain and leave to cool down until you can handle it.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes in quarters, the onion finely chopped and the avocado in cubes.
- Place everything in a bowl, add the corn, mayonnaise, yogurt, dried chives and some salt and pepper. When the chicken has cooled down, tear the breast into strings. Mix the chicken with the rest, and taste to see if it needs more salt or pepper.
- Place a grill pan on medium-high heat and let it get warm. Place a wrap on your cutting board, and fill with 1/4 of your mixture. Close the burrito on all ends, so you have a compact little package (first upper and lower sides folded in, then left side and right side).
- Once the pan is hot, rub a little oil on it with a piece of paper towel, and place your burritos. Leave them on one side until it is nicely grilled for about 4 minutes and turn around.
- Cut your iceberg salad into thin strips, and dress on your plate. Cut the burrito in 2 and serve immediately for the best result. Enjoy!