I was out shopping the other day when I realized that I needed to buy meat for dinner. I wandered over to the meat section and stood there staring. I wanted something different. Sometimes I feel like I get stuff in a rut. Now I am all for adventure, but the pig’s feet laying there in front of me is NOT what I had in mind! I went towards the turkey burger to grab the usual and saw the ground chicken. Immediately my mind dreamed of buffalo chicken meatballs.
If you are a regular to my blog, then you know that I love a good kick in my food, and my family does as well. We also love all things buffalo! So with the dream still swirling in my head and my mouth now watering for buffalo chicken, I grabbed the ground chicken and decided to give it a try. These meatballs were a HUGE hit in my house! My kids devoured them and are begging for me to make them again.
Buffalo Chicken MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 1/2 bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce (6oz)
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of Kraft Roka Blue Cheese salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons of crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 teaspoons of McCormicks zesty herb seasoning
- 2 cranks of sea salt
- 10 cranks of black pepper
- Buffalo dipping sauce
- 1 cup of Chobani plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of Kraft Roka blue cheese salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). I used my hands and only mixed till all combined. Be sure to not over mix because it will cause the meatballs to be tough.
- Pour the EVOO into a large skillet and let it warm over medium-high heat.
- Form all the meatballs. I used my pampered chef large scoop to form my balls (about 3Tbsp).
- Once the pan is hot, I test my dripping water into the pan. If I hear a sizzle, the pan is ready. Drop each meatball into the hot pan, make sure you hear that excellent sizzle! Let them brown on each side. I let them sit for about 4-5minutes on each side to get a perfect golden-brown crust.
- Once they have browned on each side, move the skillet into the oven. Let the meatballs finish cooking, about 10-15minutes or until they have an internal temperature of 170F.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, make your dipping sauce. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, hot sauce and blue cheese dressing until well mixed.
- Place three meatballs per person and drizzle with the sauce.
My kids ate these alongside macaroni and cheese; I added a salad. Either way, they were GONE!
I hope that your family enjoys these as much as mine did. Now I’m off to buy more ground chicken so that I can make more of these!