Adding an Asian touch to your food is just heaven for me, so I try to do it in most dishes I cook, like this bok choy meatball soup that I love serving on cold nights. I love the bok choy in it–it gives it a unique blend of flavours because of the other Asian sauces I added.
Bok Choy Meatball SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 8 cups of beef broth
- 1 inch of ginger root, grated
- 1 cup of mushroom
- 3 heads of Bok Choy
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Hoison
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce
- Chop carrots, celery, and onions.
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir carrots, celery onion and garlic in the hot oil until both are softened and translucent for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, parsley, grated ginger, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the meatballs by hand, mixing turkey, chia seeds, hoisin and sriracha. Roll into balls
- Heat avocado oil in the skillet, cook meatballs.
- After the soup base has simmered and meatballs are cooked. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped bok choy. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to each bowl, pour soup over and serve.