Beef Empanada is a famous pastry in the Philippines. I loved helping my mom make this delicious afternoon snack. You can make it with any meat of your choice along with peas, carrots, potatoes filled inside a crispy, sweet delicious dough. You may use a fork to seal the edges or buy the moulds that you can get from Amazon. The moulds will cut your prep time.
Beef EmpanadaPrint Recipe
- Dough Ingredients
- 5 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 12-ounce frozen bag of peas and carrots
- 1 large potato, diced up
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cups oyster sauce
- Make the dough by combining all dough ingredients and kneading it into a nice dough. Set aside.
- Sauté meat, add vegetables, cook for about 5 minutes, add raisins, stir, then add oyster sauce.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and add into the middle of the dough.
- Seal the edges using a fork.
- Use 3 egg yolks to brush over the empanada before baking (this makes it golden brown on top).
- Bake the empanadas at 375 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.