This bacon and herb burger is another great recipe for the grill! Whether it’s summertime or not, I love a good burger – and honestly, who doesn’t? There are so many varieties of the traditional hamburger that are sure to satisfy anyone’s tastes – but interestingly, people never seem to get tired of even the most basic burger.
This truly American food finds its way into people’s back yards, community events, restaurants, entertainment venues, etc. It is one food that is not necessarily limited to a specific region. From coast to coast, people enjoy a good burger any time!
My Secret to a Delicious Bacon and Herb Burger
I love to add new spices and seasonings to my burgers. Also, sometimes I try to mix it up and make turkey or veggie burgers for my family. If you haven’t tried either of these, they are pretty delicious (I was skeptic before I tried them, too).
Anyway, here is what you will need to make four bacon and herb burgers:
Bacon and Herb BurgerPrint Recipe
- 1 ½ pound of ground prime beef
- ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 2 slices of bacon, halved lengthwise
- 4 toasted rolls or bread slices
- 4 slices of red onion
- 4 fresh tomato slices
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and cream. Mix well and fold into meat slowly. Form four burgers.
- Cook bacon halfway. Wrap one slice around each burger and hold it in place with a toothpick.
- When the grill is ready, cook the burgers for approximately 6 minutes (for medium). Give or take a couple of minutes to satisfy your specific desire for a more rare or well-done burger.
- Serve on rolls and add onion, tomato, and balsamic vinegar. Add a basil leaf if desired. I like to add shredded cheese to my burgers, as well as pickles and lettuce. Add whatever else sounds good to you!
That’s it! Hopefully, you enjoy this classic American dish, and please don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and loved ones.