Are you ready for a dish that will make your mouth water? This recipe for Authentic Italian Lasagna is precisely what you need to get your day started right. Lasagna is a dish that deserves to be savoured. Because this is an elaborate dish, there is a lot of intricacy in this dish. Ensure to pay close attention to every aspect of this dish because there is a lot to take in.
The attention to detail in this dish is crucial because it reveals the genuine masterpiece that it is. In this dish, the seasonings are precisely correct. It’s incredible to watch how this tasty can genuinely come together when you put in the effort.
Gather your friends and family and begin making this recipe because there is no way you will ever be sorry for producing something so tasty. Try serving with the No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
Authentic Italian LasagnePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of Ricotta cheese
- 1 pound of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 pounds of lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons of pure olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the Meat Sauce:
- 2 cans of plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 8 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup of white wine
- 1/2 a cup of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 3 cups of water
- Let’s start with the cheese. In a large mixing basin, combine the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, as well as the two eggs. Mix in one cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano, pepper, salt, and oil to the mixture.
- In the meantime, get started on the beef sauce. To begin, heat the olive oil in a large pot. Maintain medium heat and add the yellow onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Stir the garlic mixture into the pot and let it cook until it has turned a golden brown colour.
- Add the ground beef, as well as the salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to break up the meat into tiny pieces by stirring it. Before the meat begins to brown, it must be cooked for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook until your mixture begins to boil, then add your oregano and wine.
- Continue to mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste and the water until all ingredients are well combined.
Putting Lasagna Together
- While you’re assembling the meat sauce and cheese mixture, start the lasagne noodles to boil. When they’re done, place them on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to dry. Then, please take a few and place them at the bottom of the lasagne pan.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the lasagne noodles. Then pour in your meat sauce. Continue this process after the first layer, adding a layer of noodles, then a layer of cheese, and finally the meat sauce.
- When you reach the top layer of the lasagne, pour the remaining meat sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Cover the lasagne with foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.